Air Canada baggage | Toll Free +1(888)360-8383.
Air Canada baggage is one of the most famous low-fare Carriers. If you worry that we may compensate this by charging you high for your baggage, well! You have mistaken. It does not affect it in any way. We save you some high costs when compared to other airlines. Our airline services are designed to serve you with the best of prices in the market.
Air Canada Baggage Policy
Our baggage policy for standard basic fare includes-
- Air Canada baggage Carry-on baggage is subject to the fees applicable.
- 1 personal item will be fee-free.
- 1 of the carry-on item is subject to the fees applicable.
- For hold or checked baggage, the fees applicable for every bag will increase with the quantity of the bags beyond two.
- Applicable fees per piece for over size and overweight bags depends on the size and weight categories.
- Certain sports equipment may be subject to applicable fees.
Our airline allows every passenger to carry one personal item free of charge. Which may include a purse, a laptop bag, and a briefcase. Moreover, some restrictions must be followed for the same. These are –
For carry-on Air Canada baggage The size should not exceed the limit of 127 cm (56*45*25 cm) or 50 linear inches (22*18*10 inches) including the wheels and handles.
- The carry-on baggage must be a fit for under the seat in front of you or the overhead bin.
For Personal item
- The size should not exceed the limit of 102 cm (46*36*20 cm) or 40 linear inches (18*14*8 inches).
- The personal item must fit under the seat in front of you.
- Items that are not taken into account towards your carry-on allowance are –
- Assistive devices such as child restraint seats, wheelchairs, strollers, walkers, and crutches.
- A jacket.
- Duty-free items
- Umbrella, and
- Diaper bag.
There is one important thing to be taken note of. Bulkhead seats in an aircraft do not consist of under-seat storage, hence, all carry-on Air Canada baggage must be stowed in the overhead bin during landing and take-off.
Hold and baggage checked policy
Our hold and checked baggage policy is as follows –
- The maximum limit of bags is 5, 2 bags standard. The restrictions apply to international travel.
- The maximum dimensions must not exceed 157 centimeters or 62 inches in height, length, and width.
- The weight limit is 18 kg (40 pounds).
Our Baggage fees
Air Canada offers one personal item free of cost. However, there are various baggage fees for checked and carry-on baggage. These charges are based on your fare club membership (if any), when you pay for the luggage, and the route of your booked flight.
All in all, you can expect a minimum of $33 for your checked bag (if you pay the fee at the time of booking) and $38 for carry-on baggage. Although, the prices may vary. You are required to pay at the time of booking to save yourself from a higher fee charge.
Here are some details –
Air Canada Baggage fee for carry-ons
- For baggage fees that if paid at the time of booking, the amount will be $37.00
- For baggage that if paid before online check-in, the amount will be $47.00
- For baggage that if paid at online web check-in, the amount will be the same as the amount for paying before the web check-in
- For baggage that if paid at the airport’s ticket counter, the amount will $55.00
- For baggage that if paid at the airport gate, the amount will be $65.00
Air Canada baggage fees for hold and standard checked baggage
The fee amount varies for the first and second bags. Therefore,
For the First bag –
- If paid at the time of booking, the amount will be $30.00
- If paid before checking in through our website, the amount will be $40.00
- If paid at the time of checking in through our website, the amount will be the same as before web check-in i.e. $40.00
- If paid at the airport’s ticket counter, the amount will be $50.00
For the Second bag –
- If paid at the time of booking, the amount will be $40.00
- If paid before the web check-in, the amount will be $50.00
- If paid at the online check-in, the amount will be the same as before the online check-in i.e. $50.00
- If paid at the airport’s ticket counter, the amount will be $60.00
We add a $2.00 baggage fee during holiday travel seasons. The fare club membership is of a benefit at this time as it allows you to receive a discount of $9.00 on baggage fees regardless of any season.
Air Canada Baggage fees for sports equipment
Sports equipment like lacrosse, skis, fishing equipment, and golf bags will be accepted based on the weight and size limits mentioned in our policy. They will be considered as one hold bag/checked bag (associated fees will be applied accordingly).